Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Please help me!

From: "skshao" <skshao@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:20:48 +0800 (CST)
Dear gurus,

   I have installed the Wireshark 1.0.2 in a notebook with a Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet Ethernet NIC.

   Everything seems OK, when I initialize wireshark to capture the packets over the Ethernet. However, when I attach the notebook to a hub with a IP Phone attached on another port, strange thing happens. The Wireshark could capture packets except those of SIP and RTP related protocols (ex., I ping the IP Phone from the notebook and the packets of ICMP echo request and reply can be captured). No capture filters has been assigned in the Wireshark.

   I then initalize a soft phone in the notebook to communicate with the Proxy server and use wireshark to capture the SIP packets. The Wireshrak works well in this way.

   I have unistalled WinPacp and wireshark with Revo unistaller (in order to uninstall them completely) and re-install them several times. The situation doesn't change a bit. It just seems that my notebook could not cpature the Ethernet packets of SIP and RTP protocols.

   Can anyone help me or give me a clue to solve this? Thank you very much for the help!

Best Regards

Shou-Kuo Shao