Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] rtcp information capture

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:45:56 -0700

On Jul 15, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Ammar Lilamwala wrote:

The command seems to be working fine and the data is getting saved in the file specified.
However the information is only the text
                   "sender report" and "receiver report".
What do I have to do if I need to view the actual data like time stamp information, delay, jitter and packet loss.

Try passing tshark the "-V" flag. Without the "-V" flag, it just prints the same information that appears in the packet list pane in Wireshark; with the "-V" flag, it prints, for each packet, the information that would appear in the packet detail pane for that packet.

Or try "-T pdml" for an XML version of the packet detail, or "-T fields" combined with the "-e" and "-E" options, to get the values of specific fields in the packet.