Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing TCP Retransmissions

From: "Sheahan, John" <John.Sheahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:36:34 -0400
that really helps....thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Abhik Sarkar
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:26 AM
To: Community support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing TCP Retransmissions

Hi John,

I doubt you can achieve this using capture filters. But, you should be
able to use the following display filter in WS:
tcp.analysis.retransmission or tcp.analysis.fast_retransmission

Using tshark, you may be able to use:
tshark -i <whatever> -R tcp.analysis.retransmission or
tcp.analysis.fast_retransmission and this should show you only relevant
packets (but only on standard output and not while trying to save
capture).

HTH
Abhik.