Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Intel 4965AGN Windows Vista

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:53:01 -0700

On Jul 9, 2008, at 6:40 AM, Vincenzo Santoro wrote:

I've installed the current stable Wireshark release (1.0.1) on my DELL D830 laptop with Windows Vista as OS.

Even if I start Wireshark as administrator, my wireless card (Intel 4965AGN) is not detected. On the contrary, the same wireless card is correctly detected when the OS is Windows XP.
Do you have any idea about this problem?

It's probably a WinPcap problem.

Try downloading WinDump:

	http://www.winpcap.org/windump/install/default.htm

and see whether you have the same problem with it. If so, this is a WinPcap problem, and should be reported to the WinPcap developers:

	http://www.winpcap.org/bugs.htm