Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Does Wireshark modify the Ethernet Interface in ANY way while

From: Michael <mriot@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:16:59 +0200
Hello everyone.

I've got a little Problem. I'm trying to send an AT-Command via TCP to a Satellite Terminal. As I have never done that before, I just wrote a little Script for testing that. And now the following happens. If I just let my script run, I get a timeout while reading the answer from the Terminal. So, I wanted to have a look at the sent Packets and started Wireshark, started my Script again - and this time it works. I ran some more tests, and the thing is, when wireshark is running - my script works, if wireshark does not run, I get a timeout. So my question is, does Wireshark modify the Ethernet interface with some options? Or what could explain this behaviour? I'm at quite a loss with this situation and would appreciate any hint or help that could help me solve this particular problem.

Greetings
Michael