Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Compiling problems

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:00:05 -0400

Dani M wrote:
Hi all,

I have been trying to compile wireshark 1.0.1 (also 1.0.0 with the same problem) in an SLES9 SP3 linux machine
and I have this problem when running "make" command:
[...]
packet-pkcs12-template.c: In function `PBE_decrypt_data':
packet-pkcs12-template.c:262: error: `GCRY_CIPHER_RFC2268_40' undeclared (first use in this function)
[...]
Making some research I have identified that the problem is when trying to compile something related to libgcrypt libraries. If I configure the program with --with-gcrypt=[yes/no] option to NO it compiles and install without any problem.

Could anyone explain to me what that library is used for? the libgcrypt library installed in my system is libgcrypt-1.1.91-39.1.
It could be quite old for wireshark or something...

According to:

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2004-February/020779.html

that symbol was new to libgcrypt 1.1.92. I have checked in a change (rev 25666) to our "configure.in" to only try to use that version or later.