Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Version 1.0.1 (SVN Rev 25639) - > Bug ?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:10:11 -0400

MEHMET YALTI wrote:
Greetings,
I observed that wireshark is not able to display following hex data. It gives an error: [packet size limited during capture: DIAMETER truncated] Is there a fix for this? or i am doing something wrong...

Wireshark is not able to display the complete message because the complete message was not given to Wireshark. The complete message was not given to Wireshark because the complete message was not captured.

Whatever capture mechanism you used truncated the message when it was received. If you are using 'tcpdump', 'tshark', or 'dumpcap' then you should look at the "-s" (snapshot) option. If you are capturing with Wireshark you should look at the "Limit each packet to [N] bytes" capture option.