Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] .mp3 decode?

From: "Malcolm Herbert" <mjch@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:28:40 +1000
Actually I'm interested in looking at the MPEG stream for an audio
streaming project I'm working on - using a tool like wireshark which is
built for packet inspection is a great bonus ... :)

I had another shot at opening an MP3 file this morning from my Windows
host at work using 1.0.0 that I installed yesterday but I get the same
response - although I specify the file type to be 'MPEG
(*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.mp3)' the 'Format:' field says that WireShark is
detecting the file as an 'I4B ISDN trace'.  Other MP3 files I have are
detected as 'CSIDS IPlog' ...

In both cases the decoded packet traces are a hash of bizarrely broken
protocols and packet fragments ...

Any thoughts?

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@xxxxxxxx                                                left blank