Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] HTTP GET /(none) ??

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:23:42 +0200
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 09:35:29PM -0600, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 04:44:48PM +0100, Velissarios Lataris wrote:
>
> > When accessing a website one of the http get commands send by the
> > client is the get/none command of frame 1700 below. The http response
> > is obviously a 404 not found. Has anyone else encountered something
> > similar and why is the client trying to reset port 3612 repeatedly?
>
> Can you provide a Wireshark capture file containing only frame 1700 for
> us to look at?

I would be interested in a binary capture file of all the frames, starting
at frame 1700.

My guess would be that the answer contains a "Content-Length: xxx" header
but more than xxx bytes are being returned to the client. The client
will then have to reject all the data after the first xxx bytes. That's
why you see a RST packet after each segment that is coming from the
server.

The binary trace file will tell if this is the case. And if not, it might
give clues to what *did* happen. Just the wireshark text output almost
never gives enough information to really tell whet the problem is...

Cheers,
    Sake