Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP retransmit, HTTP and web page not loading

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:28:29 +0200
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:55:12AM -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> Sake Blok wrote:
>
> > Do you also have the capture of the same laptop going to the
> > site from the other side of the fibre?
>
> No. But I do have one from my workstation (with a whole bunch of
> checksum errors which I'll be looking at later ;)

Have a look at TCP checksum offloading :-)
(http://wiki.wireshark.org/TCP_checksum_offload)

> The page loads fine on
> my pc.
>
> http://ibctech.ca/steve-tiger.pcap

In this trace, the dst mac is: Fortinet_10:67:9c (00:09:0f:10:67:9c)
In the other trace the src mac is: Fortinet_04:82:d4 (00:09:0f:04:82:d4)

Usually the mac addresses of devices are within a short range from
each other. This makes me believe your PC is behind a different
fortinet-device as where the fibre link connects to. Is that true?

How do the fortinet devices, CPE routers and L2 switches all connect
to each other?

> The one from my workstation appears to show that I am NOT attempting to
> GET the global.css file at all with my request.

That's your browser cache :-)
Clear your browser cache and try again...

Cheers,
    Sake