Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP retransmit, HTTP and web page not loading

From: Steve Bertrand <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:17:52 -0400
Frank Bulk wrote:
That's good information.

If you compare packet traces from the same laptop at the office to that
website, and then at the customer's site, where does it look different?
Considering only a layer-2 link is in between the first thing that comes to
mind is MTU.

We haven't gone onsite yet to perform the trace. I'm still reviewing things here before we go over.

If this is the case, and I can get to the website from my office, then I should be able to verify MTU from here to the client end.

I'll test the MTU right now...

Another thing I didn't look for was to see if the requested packet made it back to my switch, but didn't get to the client.

The CPE (router) can not be the issue, as both the fibre and the ADSL are both connected to it. Switching from fibre to ADSL is literally a software config change in the router.

Steve