Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Can dumpcap show dropped packets statistics ?

From: Lerdpong Lerdpaisarnwong <lerdpong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:32:43 +0000
Hello,all

I am using dumpcap to dump my network stream(network bandwidth is 200-500Mbps) to .cap files because it's low level and drop should be lessed but dumpcap does not report any drop statistics.

I would like to know whether it has drop. Can Dumpcap report dropped statistics?

I used  libpcap 0.8.3 and wireshark 0.99.5 on Fedora core 4

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Joe Lerd

Enrich your blog with Windows Live Writer. Windows Live Writer