Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [Wireshark-announce] What is a good average for malformed

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:29:00 -0400

Albert,
I wouldn't think any average would be acceptable.
I would want to confirm that these packets aren't a DoS attack.
After ruling that out, I would identify if the packets were the same protocol (e.g ESP) and determine if
there is a hardware issue related to a common device in the network path of those packets.

Wireshark announcements <wireshark-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wireshark-announce-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

06/09/2008 11:58 PM
Please respond to
wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<wireshark-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[Wireshark-announce] What is a good average for malformed packets

Hello,

I’m in the process of analyzing traffic from our network and I’m coming across some malformed packets.  Before I start going capture crazy.   What is a good (average) of malformed packets on a network?

-Albert -