Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Removing Source/Destination Columns from packet summary pa

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:04:24 -0400

Gil Berglass wrote:
I'm using WireShark 1.0 under Linux. Under /Preferences/ if I select /Columns/ I can delete the Source and Destination columns. Unfortunately, when I do that WireShark crashes. In my application the information in these columns is always the same and I have more useful information to display in that real estate. I'd be content if I could overwrite the IP addresses in these columns with the information I need, but that doesn't seem possible. Seems to me there should be a difference between "delete" and "hide." If there were, and if hiding caused a crash, that would be a serious bug. Is there some way I can reuse or replace the Source and Destination columns?

Sounds like a bug to me. Could you open a bug on http://bugs.wireshark.org so we don't forget about it?