Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] ***UNCHECKED*** SSL/TCP Connection termination results in RST

From: "Chandler, Mel" <Mel.Chandler@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:17:45 -0700
My company is working with VeriFone and TSys to isolate issues we've seen with SSL transactions. We're being told that once one side sends a FIN, that terminates the entire conversation and indeed the other side still has data to send and when it performs a PSH, it's ignored and ultimately the connection is RST. I'm being told by both sides that this is normal. I don't believe it is.

I have packet captures, but I'm not sure how to post them or share them out.

Chandler Bing

DISCLAIMER:
This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete this communication from your system. Failure to follow this process may be unlawful. Thank you for your cooperation.