Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Help needed controlling tshark output format

From: "Rob MacKenzie" <rmackenzie@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:52:43 -0400
Hey.

Sorry for delay, I was caught up today with side projects.

For our project, I needed something fast, so I setup the development
environment and just removed a bunch of code that makes the output look
nice, and replaced it with code that put in a specific delimiter.  If
you look at the source of tshark.c it's trivial.  Look at like 2700,
there is a switch statement that does the work.  I just replaced the
whole damned thing with    strcat(line_bufp + buf_offset, " ");
        buf_offset += 1;
        break;

and it works, albeit a hacky solution.

If you want, I can provide the binary file I created (I'm about to
recompile with a ';' delimiter, I can also do another if you prefer)

I should be able to create a proper version and patch by Monday,
provided my other projects don't go awry.

Rob MacKenzie
Advanced Connectivity Developer