Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Question about "TCP previous segment lost" in LAN

From: Xu nanxuan <mybayern1974@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:32:26 +0800
I set up a LAN as the test Environment, including one FTP server and one client and no other net conmmunication resources(So I think it should be a "clean" net env.).However, when I download a file from the server, there are still lots of packets which info are "TCP previous segment lost". So:

1. What's the reason about this?
2. I also find an interesing phenomenon: the "Tcp previous segment lost" packet appears about every 100ms (Both the server and client are Windows OS). Is it just a coincidence or it's kindof necessary thing that conforms to some net protocals and regulars?

Thanks!