Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problem running Wireshark in HP UX [/dev/urandom problem]

From: "Alain Bequer Martinez" <ABequer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:42:23 -0500

Hi

I have installed Wireshark 1.0 into a HP UX server from the “Porting And Archive Centre for HP-UX” distribution without success.

When I try to run Wireshark I get the following output:

mispevd1$ /usr/local/bin/wireshark

Fatal: can't open /dev/urandom: Operation not supported

ABORT instruction (core dumped)

mispevd1$

I have verified and the prngd daemon is working correctly but it seems that the /dev/urandom socket can’t be read by Wireshark.

Thanks for your help.