Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] OpenSSL HTTPS application and Wireshark v1.0.0 (Win32)

From: "Joe Flowers" <flowers.joseph@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:57:10 -0400
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have ideas on how I can get Wireshark to decrypt my OpenSSL HTTPS client application data?

I can decrypt the HTTPS traffic OK to the server machine from the client machine with Wireshark installed on the client machine, where the HTTPS traffic is initiated from a web browser (IE) on the client machine.

BUT, when I try my HTTPS client application (on the same client machine, talking to the same server machine), then my OpenSSL application seems to work correctly other than I am not able to see the decrypted data in Wireshark. This is killing me when trying to troubleshoot this application on other client machines.

Is there a trick to getting Wireshark to work with OpenSSL client applications or is there something wrong with my OpenSSL application which prevents Wireshark from decrypting the data?

Thanks for any help or ideas to try!

Joe