Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Plugin that works under Win2K fails to load in WinXP

From: "Will Moore" <will.moore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:14:42 +0100

I have developed a plugin (tap.dll) for a bespoke protocol that works just fine on Wireshark Version 0.99.8 (SVN Rev 24492) (installed from download of wireshark-setup-0.99.8.exe) on Windows 2000.  However, when I install the same version of Wireshark with the same plugin on Windows XP Pro and start Wireshark it reports:

“Couldn't load module C:\Program Files\Wireshark\plugins\0.99.8\tap.dll: The specified module could not be found.”

Any suggestions?

Thanks!