Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] DSSS contention window size

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:23:11 -0700
Steve Evans wrote:
I'm looking for a way to plot the DSSS contention window size over time.

Is this for 802.11? If so, does the contention window size appear anywhere in any packets transmitted on an 802.11 network, or in any "radio headers" supplied by 802.11 adapter drivers?

Or is this for some other wireless technology? If so, does the contention window size appear anywhere in any packets transmitted on an that network, or in any "radio headers" supplied by any adapter drivers?

If not, then...

Has anyone done this?

...they might have done so, but not with Wireshark, as Wireshark only has access to the data in packets and whatever "meta-data" is supplied in pseudo-headers such as the radio headers.