Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tshark -T fields and info column

From: "Rob MacKenzie" <rmackenzie@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:39:55 -0400
c:\WaveScan\tshark\tshark.exe -o
column.format:""Packet#","%m","Time","%t","Source","%rhs","Destination",
"%uhd","Speed","%x","Size","%L","RSSI","%e","Info","%i"" -r
c:\WaveScan\Data\0-final.pcap > c:\WaveScan\Data\0-p_sum.csv

That's the command I run from from a script to get tshark to output what
I want.  As has been mentioned, you can add custom fields with the
"%Cus:tcp.len" option.  The two sets of doublequotes are needed for
windows to understand what is to be passed to tshark.

A quick and easy way I usually use to make these commands is to setup
Wireshark the way I want it, then go into the
%APPDATA%/Wireshark/preferences  file and copy the column.format field.

If you are adding into an app or script, remember to escape your quotes
with backslashes.

It works pretty well for me, except I'd like it to have a specific
delimiter for parsing.  This is one place Tshark needs a little
tweaking, something I might look into later.

Rob MacKenzie
Advanced Connectivity Developer