Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] customizing tshark -Ttext output

From: Elof Ofel <elofu17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:19:16 +0200
I would like to customize the output of my tshark a bit...

1. Where do I find a reference of the most useful field keywords to use? (for the -e option)
Like the timestamp, the one-line-summary-info, packet length, TTL-values, etc?

2. What is the "-Tfields -e" command to get the normal text output but without the preceeding timestamp on every row? (witch tcpdump, you simply add -t to remove the time)

I'm really missing the possibility to in a simple way add a little bit of verboseness (like tcpdump's -v option, with more details the more v's you add, and the -e option with additional link layer info). I don't want to switch to -V view just to compare the IP ID of packets, ttl values or see their length.

/Elof

Senaste resenyheterna & prisvärda flyg till hela världen! MSN Resor