Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SIP SDP RTP correlation

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:04:58 +0100
For each media session  the SDP  dissector reads, it looks at the type of media it is. If its RTP, it passes on the server IP address, UDP port number, payload type numbers, codecs, setup frame number, setup method ("SDP") to the RTP dissector.

When the RTP dissector sees an RTP frame that matches the dest address IP address and UDP port number it tags it with the stored setup information (setup frame number and setup method).