Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question Regarding Capture Interpretation

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 17:59:05 -0400
Andre Champoux wrote:
I have two workstations on a managed switch (we put the managed switch in to help diagnose the problem) and have found that saving files in a particular application results in really poor performance. I did a network capture from both workstations as well as used a tool called Filemon on the remote workstation. What I notice in both the network capture is this

5342 18.380647 10.2.0.152 10.2.0.151 SMB Write AndX Request, FID: 0x4022, 1 byte at offset 239500

I will receive a very long list of these of a small number of bytes.  It

It means that the application is writing one byte at a time. You may have to ask the vendor why it's doing this.

--

Thanks,
Hansang