Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] protocol adjustment

From: "Sébastien Tandel" <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 13:35:49 -0300

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 4:14 PM, <krazy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi,

i am working on enhancement of BGP protocol, so I have to adjust standart BGP packets, after this adjust, Wireshark showed me BGP Malformed packed.
How can I set new atributes of packets in BGP protocol? If it is possible...

If you're only adding a new attribute to BGP, Wireshark is *not* expected to show a /malformed/ BGP packet but an /unknown/ BGP attribute when dissecting your new attribute.

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel