Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] protocol adjustment

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 13:06:07 +0200
Hi,

You will have to adjust the BGP dissector code to understand your changes. It's found in epan/dissectors/packet-bgp.c and you'll have to compile your own version of Wireshark to make it work.

If the dissector code is to change frequently you might even consider making it a (temporary) plugin, since this develops easier.

Thanx,
Jaap

krazy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
hi,

i am working on enhancement of BGP protocol, so I have to adjust standart BGP packets, after this adjust, Wireshark showed me BGP Malformed packed.
How can I set new atributes of packets in BGP protocol? If it is possible...

thx