Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tcpdump/wireshark don't see my ethernet card

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:14:33 -0700

On Apr 30, 2008, at 5:34 PM, Jim McNamara wrote:

Debian Sid had a new version of wireshark hit the repositories between when I posted and when you replied. I didn't notice any difference in the libpcap or tcpdump files, but I did see a new version of wireshark being installed. Now wireshark works, and so does tcpdump.

I suspect *something* else got installed as a result of the update(s) you installed, as Wireshark doesn't affect what tcpdump sees.