Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [pls help]wireshark no fonts found

From: "Xiao Li" <listplot3d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:21:46 +0800
Hello,
  When trying to run wireshark1.0 on Solaris after my first time of installation, the follwoing error can be seen:

bash-3.00# wireshark
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org
bash-3.00#

  I did some search on internet, and looks like the most relavant page is this (http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1496) which has the symptom same to the one I see. But I didn't find the package fonts-xorg-base mentioned for Solaris10. Could anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? Thanks a lot!

Regards
-Xiao

p.s. I am using remote display on Solaris, and below is some background information

bash-3.00# ldd /usr/local/bin/wireshark | grep found
bash-3.00# which wireshark
/usr/local/bin/wireshark
bash-3.00# wireshark -v
wireshark 1.0.0

Copyright 1998-2008 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.

Compiled with GTK+ 2.12.0, with GLib 2.14.1, with libpcap 0.9.8, with libz
1.2.3, without POSIX capabilities, with libpcre 7.6, without SMI, without ADNS,
without Lua, with GnuTLS 1.7.11, with Gcrypt 1.2.4, without Kerberos, without
PortAudio, without AirPcap.

Running on SunOS 5.10, with libpcap version 0.9.8.

Built using gcc 3.4.6.
bash-3.00#
bash-3.00#
bash-3.00#
bash-3.00# ldd /usr/local/bin/wireshark | grep font
        libfontconfig.so.1 =>    /usr/local/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
bash-3.00#
bash-3.00#
bash-3.00# fc-cache
bash-3.00#