Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] DoS packets?

From: "Rafael Mejías" <rafaelmejiasc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:59:46 +1930
>what makes you think it's a denial of service attack, what are the symptoms?

First of all, the person in charge of the web server suggested a DoS
attack. The Internet connection it's too slow and sometimes it won't
connect at all, and when we disconnect the web server from the
network, the connection speeds up.

The router indicates less than 20% of bandwidth ussage when we
dettected a slow network (the web server is connected), but when we
connect just one pc to the router, it indicates ussage of about 90%.

We registered more than 200000 packets in 10 minutes with only the
servers connected (the internal LAN was shut down).