Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] رد: RTT&#ofHops

From: "Alhaisoni, Majed" <malhai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:17:50 +0100
thanks guys

From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jehanzeb Khan
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:28 AM
To: Community support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] رد: RTT&#ofHops

Hello Majed

 1. Determining Number of Hops - You could use trace route to determine number of hops if you have a fixed path from source to destination. i dont think Wireshark will help you determine the number of hops between a source and a destination.
 2. Determining RTT - I dont know yet how to determine RTT with wireshark. You could use ping command to determine the RTT. but then this will only provide the RTT for the time when the command was executed. maybe you can configure a script to generate a ping every x time instants over a period of time, dump the data in a file and then run another script to sort the results out.
Regards
Jehanzeb