Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] LDAP Malformed packets question

From: Chuck Sutherland <csutherland@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:56:47 -0400

I’ve been using wireshark now for about 2 months and I have found that some of the traffic between a couple of my servers are showing  Also I am seeing a rather large number of suspected retrasmissions. Now the network person who was here before me allowed them to daisy chain their closest off of each other! Thus one 72 port closet is feeding another switch. The switches are older 3com switches and they said the gig ports had caused them issues so the main backbone is on a 100mb connection because of that. I’ve installed a new line to allow me to break the closets apart but I am concerned that the dell servers may have an issue. I have also talked them into pricing Cisco switches. Any suggestions?

I am just having to learn the process of network traffic troubleshooting so please bare with me! I at least was able to find where they have been moving printers around and not deleting the direct connect ports that were causing them huge ARPing issues.

Chuck

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended receipent(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended receipent, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the originial message.