Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Help on install in OSX Leopard

From: "Robert D." <210525p42015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:10:22 -0400
Andreas Fink said the following:
forget /Applications for a moment. Typing /usr/local/bin/wireshark is what counts. The placeholder I have once created for /Applications/Wireshark.app is just a script typing that for you.

OK ... getting somewhere!!!
I set pref in X11.app Output|Colors = From Display"
and fwiw on the Security tab, unchecked both boxes

Now, /usr/local/bin/wireshark *runs* ... however, the Terminal session remains open; thus the "Terminal" session can not be discarded .. this is probably obvious, but i hadn't started Wireshark in this fashion previously, so am unaware if this is intuitively obvious.