Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] monitoring multiple wiresharks from one central unit

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:31:40 +0200
Hi,

Well, either pipe your remote capture trough the network to the central device, or tunnel X sessions back to it.

Thanx,
Jaap

Ich wrote:
Hello world !!!
I have a really challenging, IMO impossible, problem. given the following setup: 4 computers with five 1Gbit ethernetcards. 4 for regular traffic of the main network, one to communicate with the central device. Each machine runs some minimal Linux with one wireshark for each "traffic"-card. Assuming a really low amount of traffic (no bottleneck), fine weather and everything that can be positive. The highly educated engineer, who has read many books, but never connected a PC to a DSL-modem without assistance, wants to see all output of the 16 wiresharks on the monitor of the central unit in 1 (one) window, in nearly realtime. Is there any god or guru or whatever, who can give me a hint how I can "solve" the problem, or at least come near ?
If additional software is needed, it has to be free.
The system has to run on sunday :-)
Thanks in advance
wayne