Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Graphing IP DSCP and other fields

From: "Barry Constantine" <Barry.Constantine@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:22:40 -0700
Title: Graphing IP DSCP and other fields

Hi Sebastian,

I agree and what I do is use Wireshark command line io.stat, which allows you to list as many display filters as you want and then dump to file.  I then bring this data into Excel and do whatever I want with it graphically.

The syntax is a little tricky, but here is an example:

This is an example of io.stat graphing in which average frame, bytes, and TCP Window (RX) size per interval are computed

-        tshark -r download-bad.pcap -q -z io,stat,5,ip.addr==10.0.52.164,AVG(tcp.window_size)tcp.window_size

The ip.addr is an optional filter; you just keep adding your statistics separated by comma.  Note that COUNT, SUM are better choices for other stats such as retransmissions, etc..

Hope this helps,

Barry