Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] ERROR: Unrecognized text

From: "Al Aghili" <aaghili@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:03:23 -0600

Hi,

We are using tshark and tethereal to get visibility into http traffic in our environment. In some cases we see the following in the packet dump

[ ERROR: Unrecognized text ]

Then we don’t see anymore of the message body in that packet. Or we see this mutiple times then all of a sudden we don’t see the packet body. Can anyone tell us why we see this and how to resolve it. We start tethereal with the following parameters.

-i 2 -R xml -V –l

Please let me know if you need more info. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Al