Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Not receiving all packets in promincuous mode

From: Kwol Acker <kwolacker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:28:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, I am using intel pro/wireless 3945ABG card and when I run wireshark in promiscuous mode, it doesn't seem to capture all packets. The only packets it captures comes either from me or packets that are for me. I tested this with a friend next to me, and it doesn't pick up anything coming from his machine. Why is this?