Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Same SEQ number but different ACKs

From: "Barry Constantine" <Barry.Constantine@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:03:13 -0700

If I understand this correctly, then the client could send the same SEQ number if delayed acknowledgment kicks in (either every other segment to timer based).

In other words, the client has nothing to send out but the server is sending the client segments.  TCP provides for delayed acknowledgements so that the client would send out an ACK even if it had no data to send (which would account for the client’s SEQ value not increasing).

If I misunderstood the problem, then please let me know.

-Barry