Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] packet id 0 ???

From: "Fabiana moreno" <fvmoreno@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:22:03 +0100
oh...well the machine where the darwin streaming is running is linux. fedora 8 distribution... but i think every packet should have an id, or am i wrong?

On 11/04/2008, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fabiana moreno wrote:
> im streaming an mpeg4 video with darwin streaming system to a client
> computer in a wireless network....

So the machine sending the packets is using Darwin Streaming Server?
What OS is that machine running?

> i need this id to perform qos
> parameters measures. how can i set the flag off?

Whether you *can* get the OS's networking stack to set the IP ID to a
value other than 0 (and presumably thus not to set the "don't fragment"
flag), and, if so, how you would do it, depends on the operating system.
  OS X doesn't appear to have a way to request that the flag be turned
*on*, so I assume you're not doing this on OS X.  A quick look at the
Linux 2.6.24.2 IPv4 stack doesn't show any immediately obvious way to
request that the flag be turned on, either.