Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] packet id 0 ???

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:13:12 -0700
Fabiana moreno wrote:
im streaming an mpeg4 video with darwin streaming system to a client computer in a wireless network....

So the machine sending the packets is using Darwin Streaming Server? What OS is that machine running?

i need this id to perform qos parameters measures. how can i set the flag off?

Whether you *can* get the OS's networking stack to set the IP ID to a value other than 0 (and presumably thus not to set the "don't fragment" flag), and, if so, how you would do it, depends on the operating system. OS X doesn't appear to have a way to request that the flag be turned *on*, so I assume you're not doing this on OS X. A quick look at the Linux 2.6.24.2 IPv4 stack doesn't show any immediately obvious way to request that the flag be turned on, either.