Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing the gateway

Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:19:58 -0400
Guy Harris said the following:

That's because, a long time ago, the machine on which you were capturing was plugged into an Ethernet.

arguably true.

And others have 'splained what I need to do to see that I am doing what I want to do, vis-a-vis watching that a DNS request goes to a certain server and not the crazy, newer, "Let Me Redirect you and add adverts", type which my ISP is pandering currently.

Anyway, I think the term was "Host Out" or something ... getting to it, I am.

tnx, 73