Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing the gateway

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 11:57:18 -0700
RD wrote:

A long time ago, using Wireshark, I remember seeing "en0" as a choice. Now it's en1 only ...

That's because, a long time ago, the machine on which you were capturing was plugged into an Ethernet. Now it's not (it's connected *wirelessly* to the Airport Extreme; it's the Airport Extreme, not the MacBook, that's plugged into an Ethernet, and you can't use Wireshark on your MacBook to capture on the Airport Extreme's Ethernet adapter).