Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [Off-topic] OpenPacket.org 1.0

From: "Soh Kam Yung" <sohkamyung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:21:57 +0800
>From Chris Sanders blog: (http://www.chrissanders.org/?p=118) at
(http://www.openpacket.org/)

Could be an interesting resource for researches and developers.
=====
 Introducing OpenPacket.org 1.0

Very big news in the world of packet analysis, from Richard Bejtlich's
TaoSecurity Blog:

    "The mission of OpenPacket.org is to provide quality network
traffic traces to researchers, analysts, and other members of the
digital security community. One of the most difficult problems facing
researchers, analysts, and others is understanding traffic carried by
networks. At present there is no central repository of traces from
which a student of network traffic could draw samples. OpenPacket.org
will provide one possible solution to this problem.

    Analysts looking for network traffic of a particular type can
visit OpenPacket.org, query the OpenPacket.org capture repo for
matching traces, and download those packets in their original format
(e.g., Libpcap, etc.). The analyst will be able to process and analyze
that traffic using tools of their choice, like Tcpdump, Snort,
Ethereal, and so on."

A great tool for teaching and learning about packet analysis! Big
thanks to Richard and his team for making this happen!
=====

--
Soh Kam Yung
my Google Reader Shared links: