Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Monitor mode [Was: TCP Conversations Question]

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 19:24:34 -0400

On 4/4/08, *Hansang Bae* <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    There is no "Monitor" function built into Wireshark.  It was actually
    discussed during Sharkfest (about adding support for this support).

Jake Peavy wrote:
You can't collect to /dev/null?  I don't think I've ever tried.

I'm sure that could be done. But then you have the issue of keeping track of all the stats w/o keeping the packets.

--

Thanks,
Hansang