Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing the gateway

Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:20:00 -0400
Stephen Fisher said the following:
 you will need a hub or Ethernet tap and connect
it in between the Airport and the DSL modem.

thanks or the reply. There _is_ an Ethernet cable from the Extreme to the DSL Modem. And that's how the MacBook gets to the Internet.

A long time ago, using Wireshark, I remember seeing "en0" as a choice. Now it's en1 only ...

FYI:
rd$ ls -l /dev/bpf*
crw-rw----   1 root  admin   23,   0 Apr  6 11:16 /dev/bpf0
crw-rw----   1 root  admin   23,   1 Apr  6 11:09 /dev/bpf1