Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Only one interface once installed, have to reboot ?

From: Ionreflex <ionreflex@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:41:11 -0400
Hi all,

I've just upgraded to 1.0.0 and something strange occured again - because I've noticed it from an earlier version, but hadn't do anything then! Once installed, I open Wireshark and only one adapter is listed in the "Capture Interfaces" dialog box, the default one called "Adapter for generic dialup and VPN capture" (which is useless in terms of sniffing...). Closing and restarting didn't do anything, but after a reboot my 5 adapters show themselves, everything works like a charm!

HARDWARE : HP Compaq nx6325 laptop
SOFTWARE : WindeXP2 up-to-date, WinPcap-4.0.2

Anyone has seen this also ? I made a quick search in the WS-users list archives, and it's not stated in the "Known Problems" part of NEWS.txt!

Hope this is not for nothing!

Tankiou,

Ion