Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wire shark from the program

From: "Vinay Chilakamarri" <vinay.chilakamarri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:20:26 -0700
Pardon me if this is a very basic question(I am fairly new to WireShark)... but I am stuck with the problem of starting a wireshark listening on a specific port through command line. Here was my initial command line arg list:

wireshark -fudp -i2 -k

I want to be able to listen for data coming on port 346478 but am unable to find an argument that would do the job. I went through this link
http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureFilters

But I don't exactly know when to issue these arguments and where. Can anyone please suggest me some direction on this?

Thank you!
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Vinay Chilakamarri <vinay.chilakamarri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah exactly

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Vinay Chilakamarri wrote:
> I thought that Wireshark must have registered itself as one of the
> environment variables,

I.e., you thought that it would have added the directory containing the
Wireshark, TShark, etc. executables to the PATH environment variable?