Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Help.. pcap to ivs

From: Andrea Faver <gordian73@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:52:09 +0100
Guy Harris ha scritto:
Andrea Faver wrote:

But how can i convert? has someone experience of this? i need to let aircrack read wireshark file..:(

At least according to this page:

	http://www.wirelessdefence.org/Contents/Aircrack-ng_WinIvstools.htm

the way you extract IVs from a libpcap-format file, such as a Wireshark file, is to do

	ivstools --convert <pcap file> <ivs output file>

For example:

	ivstools --convert wireshark-file.pcap ivsfile.ivs
i know.. i saved my dump.pcap file in wireshark-tcdump-libpcap mode.
i tried in dos ivstools --convert dump.pcap dump.ivs
the error message is:
opening dump.pcap
"dump.pcap" isn't a regular 802.11 (wireless) capture

??

Andy