Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Help.. pcap to ivs

From: Andrea Faver <gordian73@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 01:14:29 +0100
Stephen Fisher ha scritto:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:21:50PM +0100, Andrea Faver wrote:

i'm trying to convert a pcap file (made with WIRESHARK) to a ivs file with aircrack ivstools.exe but it doesn't recognize the file. how can i do it?

When i save my captured packed in WIRESHARK, in wich format should i do it? (i have several option, wireshark, modified tcdump, redhat6.1, suse6.3...)

The ivs tool appears to want a (lib)pcap file, so you should probably save it in Wireshark as a "Wireshark/tcpdump/... - libpcap" file. If it doesn't recognize the file, then you should do more research to try to figure out what format they are looking for and we can tell you which one in Wireshark matches if it isn't obvious.

Steve
Yes it doesn't recognize, it asks pcap, something like tcdump_magic (??) .
I really don't know, hope you can help me.
thnks

Andy