Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Help.. pcap to ivs

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:00:15 -0600
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:21:50PM +0100, Andrea Faver wrote:

> i'm trying to convert a pcap file (made with WIRESHARK) to a ivs file
> with aircrack ivstools.exe but it doesn't recognize the file. how can
> i do it?

> When i save my captured packed in WIRESHARK, in wich format should i
> do it? (i have several option, wireshark, modified tcdump, redhat6.1,
> suse6.3...)

The ivs tool appears to want a (lib)pcap file, so you should probably
save it in Wireshark as a "Wireshark/tcpdump/... - libpcap" file.  If it
doesn't recognize the file, then you should do more research to try to
figure out what format they are looking for and we can tell you which
one in Wireshark matches if it isn't obvious.

Steve